Whether you are a novice or experienced rider you can join the Orica Community Challenge at this year’s Orica Mick Chapman Memorial Criterium. This is the only time in the year that you can ride on the professional track at Honeysuckle set up for elite and registered riders.
Cost to register is $15 for adult riders ($5 for children up to 15 years). Children who cannot ride alone around the whole track should attend the ‘children’s area’ on Honeysuckle as part of the Genesis Health and Wellness Expo.
Registration from 8am – race starts at 9.30am – fill out a registration form or visit mycause.com.au/Events/Orica Community Challenge. Registration desk is located at the front of the Regional Museum on Workshop Way please present your registration form before 8.30am to be eligible to participate. Once registered you should muster near the museum and wait for your call to go to the start of the race. If called from the track by commissaries you should leave immediately so the next event can take place. The commissaries will whistle for you to exit the track.
Prizes will be awarded for Best dressed rider, Best dressed bike, Best costumed rider, Best team entry, Most enthusiastic rider and more. Guest judges will award the rider with a gift kindly donated by one of our sponsors.
*anyone who is too young to ride the whole track will not be charged entry and will use the interactive station at the Drift Bikes exhibit.
The community challenge is sponsored by Orica Australia and managed by Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance. No participant can take part in Orica Community Challenge until a registration form has been accepted by the organisers and full payment has been made.
- To take place in the Orica Challenge riders must be registered and receive a number at the registration desk.
- The Orica Challenge is open to all persons of good health with a roadworthy bike and necessary safety equipment
- The Orica Challenge is offered to individuals, workplace teams and other organisations
- The Orica Challenge starts at 9.30am Sunday 26th October 2014 and all participants must clear the track when instructed by race stewards or safety officials.
- The winners of Challenge will be decided by a guest judge appointed on the day. The prize will be presented by the judge and the decision is final.
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
- Exhibitors at the expo have donated all items in good faith. If the prize is not something you can use consider donating.
Award winners (those who finish at the top of their category) will receive an award
Bike and Rider Safety
All bikes need to be roadworthy. Riders should be competent on their bikes, have helmets and closed in shoes. Registration Manager has the complete discretion to disallow entry for any person without explanation of the reason.
To register visit www.mycause.com.au/events/oricacommunitychallenge
Download the registration form http://bikefest.net.au/wp-content/uploads/Orica-Community-Challenge-Rego-Form-V2.pdf
For more information on Bikefest Newcastle visit www.bikefest.net.au like us on facebook Bikefest Newcastle